Monday, April 26, 2010

Time to celebrate!!!

I am an athlete but first, I am a scholar.
I am in my last semester of classes as a graduate student at California State University at Sacramento and even though I am not taking as many classes as last semester, this is the most stressful semester ever!
Luckily, I have been studying fall risk reduction exercises since 2006. In 2008, I created a 5-day DVD series before heading back to class to finish my masters degree. I have kept my focus the same for both my graduate and undergraduate TR papers and all that research is paying off in my literature review for my thesis. I know what I want to do and I have been establishing myself as the "fall prevention expert" in the Sacramento region.
Today, all my proverbial hoop jumping was recognized by the authorities; the Office of Graduate studies advanced me to candidacy! I have officially met all the requirements for my specialized masters of science in Therapeutic Aging...YAY. Now I can register for my thesis in the Fall 2010.
The greatest news? The Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects at CSUS approved my "at risk" research study! DOUBLE YAY! Now I am officially allowed to gather data for my thesis. Two grants have been awarded to provide the humans for my research (I am the presenter of the workshops and the FAB clinics) and well...what a relief! I AM THRILLED!

This underlying stress has been eating away at me but I've been consistent. I've been miserable, dragging tail, tired, bored, and depressed but now, it's coming together!
To celebrate?
I had a spinach salad with fresh avacado, cherry tomatoes, steamed asparagus and for a treat, 4 oz of grass fed steak and 5 oz of grass fed hamburger. Oh and a glass of white zinfandel. Going to bed early because I'm beat from this morning's workout:

DB squat/Incline DB press/BOSU pushups/BOSU crunch
Compound row/1-leg smith squat/seated tuck
Scaption raise/calf raise
1-arm cable bicep and tricep work
Lateral raise/rear delt machine....

No comments: