Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy 2010....

It seems like resolutions are a thing of the past and lifestyle changes are en vogue. Whatever you want to call them, it's time to make daily choices that will improve your health. However, making the choice is only part of the equation, you have to actually IMPLEMENT a course of action. As a lifelong athlete, I realize how my choices affect the quality of my health. Yes, I'm addicted to working out but I've got it good, Luckily, I"m addicted to a time-efficient way to work out: Turbulence Training.
When it comes to my fitness, I actively choose to workout six days a week. Because I choose to sacrifice one hour each day to my health (and sweating), it makes me happy to know that I do it efficiently. The theory behind Turbulence training is high intensity. Hit the weights hard meaning heavy weights and minimal recovery periods. I supplement my resistance training with interval style cardio workouts 2-3 times a week.
I have been following Craig Ballantyne's awesome program for over 2 years and my body is amazing. Although my motivation may be lacking once in awhile, I enjoy my workouts. Like everyone, getting to the gym is half the battle. Heck, if I dragged myself to the gym in the freezing weather in Pennsylvania over Christmas, I can do anything!
I tell my clients that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. Being that today is January 19, 2010, new habits were either formed or forgotten. If you didn't want to make the sacrifice, just remember that good habits may be difficult to form but good things don't come easy. One hour each day. Three weeks to form a habit and no one said when a lifestyle change had to start. Regardless of when, just do it.
Kelly Says Do This: You don't have to see it to believe it, you have to believe it to see it.

No comments: