Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Diet and my Daily Gut shot....

I managed to discipline myself for Christmas with consistent Turbulence Training workouts, sensible eating, and my Daily Gut Shot to keep me motivated.   Unfortunately, an out of town visitor threw my routine slightly out of whack!  We went sightseeing, went to the gym, and went to the bar.  
Just like that and I've gained some extra pounds.  I'm not beating myself up but I realize where I went wrong and I am back on track already.  
How does a person get back on track if she kept up her workouts?  DIET DISCIPLINE and HIGH INTENSITY INTERVALS!
For me, diet discipline means I'll be staying away from the alcohol for 3 weeks.  Why 3 weeks?  Why not!  White russians are awful.  Awful good but awful fattening!
I also found a new favorite veggie:  BUTTERNUT SQUASH!  I baked an entire squash, have been eating it, and let me tell you, it is awesome!  Low in calories, high in Vitamin A, and extremely tasty, this is my new favorite!
I cooked a turkey last night so there's enough sliced turkey to last me at least 2 weeks which is great because turkey is low in fat, high in protein, and excellent for leftovers.  I've been consistent with my weight training but not so much with the HIIT training.  However, I did an awesome TT bodyweight apartment workout then 8 intervals this morning so 2008 is out on a good note for me.
Here's my Daily Gut over a few days.....
12/29/08 side shot....
and the Last day of 2008!

No comments: