Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Tis the party season & Daily Gut shot...

Holidays are an obviously festive time.  Festivities include family, food and fun. Some more so than others but overindulgence happens. Annual decadent treats are consumed.  And who could forget the best empty calories of all?  Alcohol! 
Last night's Tacky Sweater party was fun.  I ate too much but if you saw the gourmet buffet, you would be saying the same thing right now. Unfortunately, too much of a good thing can be bad for you and for me, I woke up around 4 am with a horrible stomach ache. 
I felt ill during church but am feeling better, at 2 in the afternoon.  I'm heading to the gym soon to sweat and get this crap out of my system.  
I don't feel so bad b/c I have been working out consistently and with a little extra diet discipline, all will be ok.   
It's Sunday and I'm cooking for a week of clean eating:  baking chicken, jersey potatoes, an onion, steaming broccoli and green beans.  I'm going to eat dinner for breakfast,  yogurt w/nut'n berry mix, cereal or something light for lunch and a protein shake for dinner.  Well, Monday night I am eating dinner at a client's house.
Here's my Saturday Daily Gut shot, post-intense 45 minute cardio stepper session 
Fat settles everywhere but that's where consistent exercise helps the most, I think.  My arms and shoulders are less likely to get soft and fat if I'm doing my Turbulence Training bodyweight workouts.  
And although there may be minimal cellulite-like tendencies, my legs are strong and lean from the high intensity interval training and my butt is right from my TT favorite, Bulgarian Split squats!
So Kelly Says Do This:  Stick with your plan.  If you've fallen off track, gather composure and get back into your routine.  And try taking that Daily Gut shot! 

No comments: