Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Change your time clock....

For the past 2 months, I have been challenged with time restraints since returning to graduate school.  As a result, I have changed my workout time from mid-late afternoon to first thing in the morning.  I used to swear that I could "never" see myself getting out of bed to workout but when push comes to shove, a person does what she's got to do to get the workout in.
Over the past 2 months, I found myself enjoying getting the workout done so I could focus on school or work without neglecting numero uno,  me.   I don't have a problem getting out of bed to lift weights but getting up to run intervals is another story.  I'll do it but it's something I have to psych myself up for.
Today, there was no way I was getting out of bed to do intervals and since my evening class is cancelled, I figured I'd do them this afternoon or evening. So it's 3 PM and I'm on the treadmill.  8 intervals to go so I can get some work done.
These were the HARDEST 8 intervals of my life.  I did increase the incline one notch but these felt horrible.  I couldn't catch my breath, I was heaving.  I was hating the intervals today.  
Was it because it's raining out?  No.  Was it because it's the middle of the day?  I think so.  I can officially say that I have been converted to a morning exercise person.  Tomorrow morning:  Turbulence training at Intel.  Thurday MORNING:  Intervals.  Friday morning:  Turbulence Training at Intel after clients.  
Routine is good but change your time once in awhile!
Kelly Says Do This:  Daylight savings is this Sunday.  Try changing up your routine so you are guaranteed a workout.  NO excuses.  Just do it.

No comments: