Friday, May 22, 2009

Spring cleaning....

Wow, it's been so long since I wrote, I almost don't know where to start so I'll start with what's up for today!
Today is Day #1 of my official Arise and Shine cleanse.  I know, I know, I totally bashed 'cleansing' when my stepmom and her posse did theirs but the more reading I did, the better it sounded and the more mentally prepared I became to start.  Theoretically, change begins in your head so I am on the right track for a successful cleanse.
Prochaska's Transtheoretical Model lists the six changes of behavioral change as:
1.  Precontemplation
2.  Contemplation
3.  Preparation
4.  Action
5.  Maintenance
6.  Termination
In a nutshell, at precontemplation, you are not even aware that you need to change. Then you hear from a friend, family member or doctor about a 'behavior' that was successful for them.  Y0u begin to contemplate what the changed behavior will do for you.  Suddenly, you are preparing for change and then you begin!  In my case, you put your money where your mouth is!  After the action phase, of course, you need to maintain the desired behavior and in some rare cases, the behavior is terminated. 
These six stages of behavioral change apply to anything!  Working out, losing weight, a cleanse...   
So for me, I will be in stage 4 for 28 days.  I've already prepared myself for this because I believe a person can tolerate just about anything for 28 days.  The philosophy of the cleanse is up my alley because I eat lots of veggies and enjoy fruits.  The discipline will be breaking out of my bad habits, which is why I"m doing this cleanse in  the first place!  
Today  I weigh 173.2 pounds.  I will post pictures later....Aw, here's my bad ass leg tat2 from yesterday's bike ride!    I plan on following the cleanse to a tee, continuing to do my Turbulence training style workouts 3 times a week, riding my bike or some other form of cardio 3-4 times a week and lots of stretching.  
It's time to Arise and shine.  It's on.
Kelly Says Do This:  Mentally prepare yourself for a behavior change.  Educate yourself about what to expect.  Find an expert that you trust.  And go for it.

No comments: